I got it home and cleaned it up a little bit. I wanted to keep the old black paint on the legs so I just wiped them down with Murphy's oil soap and let them be. I sanded the top with 60 grit paper to start to get all the grime off it. I worked my way up to 220 sand paper. The top was beautiful! I liked how the color turned out so I did not stain it. I actually used Howard's Bee's Wax on the top. It gave the top a hard finish with a little sheen which made the grain of the wood pop!
Overlook the one leg, it has since been painted to blend with the black! Very sturdy and useful table. Like a lot of our piece's we used it for a while and then it found a new home!