I purchased this set off Craigslist for a steal!! Folks were moving out of the country and had to get rid of it. All drawers worked and had no funny smells! I hated to paint but had decided we were not going to keep it so it had to go. My niece was wanting/needing a new dresser so this would work perfect! The set also came with a matching dresser/ mirror combo. That would not fit her space so it was saved as an upcoming prject. Here is what we started with:
This chair and side table had tons of details and was part of the original set. Here is the before of the chest of drawers:
She did not want to keep the flowers so they were sanded and primed over. I used Rustoleum spray primer in white over the entire piece. I painted the original hardware with the oil rubbed bronze spray. The paint was a white Behr mistint from Home Depot. Here is the chest finished:
I sanded to highlight all the great details! The piece was finished with two coats of wax. I added the glass knobs on the top drawer and to the side table for some flare!
Here is the completed set! She loves it! I am currently working on a mirror to hang above the chest!
Everyone have a great week! Finally some before pics!!