I hope everyone is doing well!! I had a good week last week and was able to sell all my existing pieces that were still available. Thanks Craigslist! I did some calling around here in Raleigh and I was surprised to learn at how much little specialty stores charge to cosign piece's. Most here wanted a percentage of the sale and then a 50/50 split. I guess that is the norm but once all that jazz happens there is not a lot of meat left on the bone! I guess I will stick to the internet sales for now!
On to the newest makeover!
Again there is no before! I suck! Think this but with worn out stain, white over spray and really bad hardware. All was there and in great working order. All drawers open/close easily. I painted this one with a Martha Stewart Metallic paint from Home Depot. It was in the mistint section for $1. I sprayed it and let it cure for a couple of days. Once it was ready I decided to try the Valspar antiquing glaze. I used it straight out of the bottle. It added a little hint of depth and age to the dresser. It looks 100 times better in person.
She still sits on her original casters. The legs have a lot of detail. Antropologie had these knobs on sale this week so I jumped on them. I think they add some class and a great look to the dresser! I think $12 marked down to $2.95 is a good deal! Here is a close up shot of some of the details:
I coated the entire piece with wipe on poly. Let me know what you think! This is the first non-distressed piece in a while. I will let it happen naturally. Have a good rest of your week and a great weekend!