Welcome to my Blog!

I am very new to this and just getting started. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I am a husband and father to the most perfect and beautiful women in the world. My wife and daughter mean the world to me! I started fixing, painting, refurbing furniture as a hobby and it has continued into something great. Enjoy the blog and thanks again for stopping by! -Nick

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

White Buffet

Let me start by saying I have no before pics of this piece. It was possibly the ugliest piece I have ever purchased. It had a mahogany stain with a horrible, I mean horrible done whitewash. The combination of the two equals a light pepto pink color. It took multiple coats of primer to cover this horrid thing. Once primered I painted it with Sherwin Williams Greek Villa. Its one of my favorite whites. I was able to salvage the original hardware which was in good shape. Here is the finished product:

On top of the horrible whitewash each drawer was lined with pink felt! Who would do this? Hot pink felt!! After removing all the glue, felt hair, etc, I had to sand each drawer. They were functional but looked horrible. I got some great oops paint with the primer already in it. I painted the drawers a blue/gray. They turned out great!!

It was a lot of work but I think it turned out great! It quickly found a new home!

-Nick
                                                                         
                                                                   

5 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful and fresh! greek villa, alabaster, and snowbound are my "go-to" whites at sherwin williams. they never fail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. white-you're so brave = ) i like it in the first pic but i really love it in the last one showing off the drawer color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Nick! My husband and I have been working on a similar buffet and I think it could be the ugly sister to yours. Ours started out REALLY bad as well. Your "after" tells me there is hope.

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that color combo... stumbled over from miss mustard seed's link party, and LOVE this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this piece. Great job!

    ReplyDelete