Welcome to my Blog!

I am very new to this and just getting started. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I am a husband and father to the most perfect and beautiful women in the world. My wife and daughter mean the world to me! I started fixing, painting, refurbing furniture as a hobby and it has continued into something great. Enjoy the blog and thanks again for stopping by! -Nick

Monday, September 12, 2011

Thrift Store Find

I was cruising through one of the local thrift stores here in Raleigh and come across this piece. Once I got past the hideous colors I saw a solid wood, good bones, inside already painted piece. The inside already painted was a big deal for me for some reason! I did a light sand and went to town with my Old White chalk paint. It covered really well. Here is the before:


Sorry about the pic, not sure what happened. It had a terrible late 70's paint job but it was easy to get rid of. Here it is after two coats and good waxing and distressing later.
I had to paint the inside of the one drawer. I did everything I could to get rid of the potpouri smell. I like the flat black in the drawers. What would you try and sell this for? I am 99% selling everything on craigslist. I paid a little more for this one because the thrift store this one was at rescues dogs and pays for shelters. I am glad to help them out!


Thanks everybody and have a good week!

-Nick




4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I like the idea of flat black for inside drawers too...positively inspired!! Think I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, SOOOO much better! that before is, um, scary? it was never meant to be so multi-colored... it was meant to be as it is now! great job nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh and guess what i saw at the rose bowl flea???? the SAME owls you gave me!!!! i pointed them out to ali, who was with me. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at all of your posts - you do GREAT work! Hopped over from Primitive & Proper. :)

    ReplyDelete