Welcome to my Blog!

I am very new to this and just getting started. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I am a husband and father to the most perfect and beautiful women in the world. My wife and daughter mean the world to me! I started fixing, painting, refurbing furniture as a hobby and it has continued into something great. Enjoy the blog and thanks again for stopping by! -Nick

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Painted French Provincial China Cabinet

Latest Project!

Sorry no before pictures! Picture orangeish wood and a dated look.


Painted with Annie Sloan "Old White". I pretty mush did a once over with the paint because I knew I was going to distress it and it did not need to be perfect. The upper part and shelves was painted with a light blue Valspar oops paint. This paint was valspar's paint and primer low voc-green paint. It took 3+ coats to cover this baby! I went over the white chalk paint with a walnut colored craft paint. I dry brushed with it over the entire piece.


I think the walnut and old white played nice together! I reused the original hardware because it all matched and stayed with character of the piece!


If you are in Raleigh and need a china cabinet...let me know!!

1 comment:

  1. i am glad to know you are still here! :) the cabinet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete